纸牌屋第一季
?你干什么Hey, what are you doing?
天哪Jesus!?
你看清肇事的車了嗎Did you get a good look?
只看到是輛藍色豐田佳美Blue Toyota Camry, it's all I saw.
是沃頓家的狗It's the Wharton's dog.?
-
天哪他撐不了多久了- Oh, man. - He's not gonna make it.
去看看他們在不在家Go see if they're at home.
沒事了It's ok.?
痛苦分兩種There are two kinds of pain.?
一種讓你變得更強...The sort of pain that makes you strong...
另一種毫無價值or useless pain...?
只是徒添折磨The sort of pain that's only suffering.?
我對沒價值的東西也沒耐心I have no patience for useless things.?
這種時刻需要有人采取行動Moments like this require someone who will act...
或做一些不好的事or do the unpleasant thing,
但也是必要的事or the necessary thing.
好了...There...?
痛苦結束了No more pain.?
肇事逃逸我很遺憾It was a hit and run, I'm awfully sorry
.?
他肯定又自己跳出了庭院He must have jumped over the fence again.
史蒂夫會就肇事車信息報案Look, Steve's gonna file a report on the car,
他會派下屬去處理he'll put his people on it.
我們會找到那個司機的We'll track him down.
你真是光彩照人You're stunning.
我們走吧Shall we??
三...二...一...Three two...one...?
新年快樂Happy New Year!
當選總統加勒特·沃克Oh, President elected Garrett Walker.
我喜歡他嗎不Do I like him? No.
我信任他嗎這不是重點Do I believe in him? That's beside the point.?
任何一個能獲得七千萬選票的政客Any politician that gets 70 million votes
他所象征的含義早已超過了自身has tapped into something larger than himself,
當然也超過了我盡管我不愿意承認larger than even me as much as I hate to admit it.
看那勝者的笑臉那些信任的眼神Look at that winning smile, those trusting eyes.
我一早便抓住了他并扮演了重要角色I clung to him early on, and made myself vital.
在國會待了22年After 22 years in congress?
我能嗅到風頭的走向I can smell which way the wind is going.
吉姆·馬修斯尊敬的副總統閣下Jim Matthews, his right honorably Vice-President.
前賓夕法尼亞州州長Former Governor of Pennsylvania.?
他幫總統拿下了賓州He did his duty in delivering the Keystone State.
上帝保佑他Bless his heart.?
現在他們要把他晾在一邊了And now they're about to put him out to pasture.
但他看上去挺開心的不是嗎But he looks happy, now doesn't he??
在有些人看來就是椅子大點罷了For some, it's simply the size of the chair.?
?
琳達·瓦斯奎茲沃克的幕僚長Linda Vasquez, Walker's chief of staff.
是我找來了她她是個女人I got her hired. She's a woman, check.
又是拉丁裔And a Latina, check.?
但更重要的是她像一塊廉價牛排一樣堅韌But more important than that, she's as tough as two-dollar steak.?
樣樣都符合標準Check, check, check.?
要入住白宮When it comes to the White House,?
你不僅要揣好鑰匙you not only need the keys in your back pocket.?
還需要一個看門人You need the gatekeeper.?
而我我只是卑微的眾議院多數黨黨鞭As for me, I'm just a lowly house majority whip.
我維持這個被瑣事I keep things moving in a Congress
和倦怠堵塞的眾議院的運轉choked by pettiness, and lassitude.?
我的工作就是疏通管道讓污泥流動My job is to clear the pipes, and keep the sludge moving.?
但我這水管工要退休了我盡了職責But I won't have to be a plumber much longer. I've done my time.?
我支持了對的人I backed the right man.
付出與索取Give and take.?
這就是華盛頓Welcome to Washington.
你該理發了You need a haircut.?
是嗎You think??
稍修剪一下A little trim.?
你準備穿什么What are you gonna wear??
-
去會面嗎-正式宣布的時候- You mean for the meeting? - For the announcement.?
我準備穿海軍藍帶細條紋的那套I'm wearing my navy blue, the one with the pinstripes.
很好Good.?
那套西服很襯你You look handsome in that suit.?
難說他們會不會在你的董事會前宣布I don't know if they will announce it before your board meeting.?
只要這筆捐款保證能拿到就行Well, as long as I can say the donation is coming.?
一正式宣布桑科公司就會給你支票As soon as it's official, Sancorp will write you the check.?
今年對我們將會是重要的一年This is going to be a big year for us.
哪一個委員會Community of what??
我猜是移民銀行或者教育但是...I would say immigration, banking or education, but...
但我常規的聯絡人都無法確認None of my regular sources can confirm that.
那...Because...?
他們是不知道還是不愿說They don't know, or because they're not talking?
他們不知道Because they don't know.
繼續查挖點東西出來Keep at it, get me something.?
對不起真抱歉漢默施密特先生Sorry, I'm so sorry Mr. Hammerschmidt.
我是佐伊...Zoe...?
-
巴恩斯嗯- Barnes - Right.
他當年也過了一年才記住你是誰嗎Did it take him a year to remember your name??
?
不止Longer.?
早上好盧卡斯Good morning, Lucas.?
有什么事嗎佐伊What can I do for you, Zoe??
我受不了費爾法克斯的郡議會了I am sick of the Fairfax county council.?
-
你每天都這么說-讓我做網絡報道- You tell me everyday. - Move me online.
讓我開博客My own blog.?
第一人稱主觀視角五百字篇幅First person, subjective, 500 words.
-
沒門我去挖掘秘密- Not gonna happen. - I'll go underground.
幕后消息甚至去翻夜壺backrooms, the urinals!?
去爭取國會的人I'll win over staff members on the Hill.
他們也需要發泄They need a place to vent.?
-
八卦專欄-不是事實真相- A gossip column? - No. We'll lift the veil.
現在到底怎么回事What's really going on.?
這里是《華盛頓先驅報》佐伊This is the Washington Herald, Zoe.?
不是...名人消息網It's not...TMZ.
你知道有多少人瀏覽名人消息網嗎Do you know how many people who watch TMZ?
我一點也不關心I couldn't care less.
所以報刊新聞業在衰落Which is why print journalism is dying.?
那也不失體面至少這份報紙是如此Then it will die with dignity. At least with this paper.
你還活在20世紀吧盧卡斯You are stuck in the 20th century, Lucas,
缺乏想象力you lack imagination.?
也許吧但我現在不需要想象力Maybe so, but right now I don't need imagination,
我需要報道I need copy.?
你自己的時間隨意支配Your nights and weekends are yours,
你想做什么我都沒意見I applaud whatever you want to do,
但不能占用工作時間as long as its not on my time.?
-
你是讓我去干活兒嗎沒錯- You're telling me to go back to work? - I am.
但你實際上是叫我滾蛋What you're really telling me is to fuck off.
兩者都有I'm telling you both.?
普羅旺斯基金的查普曼先生在等你It's Mr. Chapman already, from Provence Trust.
不要接進電話克里斯蒂娜Hold my calls, Christina.
亨利Henry
.?
見到你真好It's good to see you.?
-
到這兒幾天了-今天剛來- How long are you in town for? - Just today.?
那你一定得來看就職典禮What? You gotta come back down for the inauguration.
我可以幫你聯系一下I can hook you up.?
不如幫我聯系一下How about you hook me up with?
你答應會修改的分區法吧the zoning laws you promised to get changed?
為了一塊不能建房的空地We got 12 millions sitting in escrow
我們一千二百萬被托管for an empty lot we can't build on.
我知道但你要明白I know, but you gotta understand...
這是地方政府的問題It's a local municipal issue.
我不能隨便打個電話就...I can't just pick up the phone...
你不能了嗎You can't?
?
你求我們捐款五萬的時候Because that's not what you lead us to believe
可不是這么說的when you begged for 50 grand in donations.
嗯我Right, I...?
稍等片刻Just one second.?
克里斯蒂娜我說了不要轉接Christina, I said no calls,?
我和查普曼先生會面時不接電話not while I'm meeting with Mr. Chapman.
當選總統The President-elect?
-你不介意吧-不接吧- Do you mind? - No, go ahead please.
把電話接進來克里斯蒂娜Put him trough Christina.
當選總統先生Mr. President-elect?
謝謝Thank you.
是的我們很高興以兩位數優勢勝出Yes, we were pleased to win by double digits.
當然樂意效勞Absolutely, anything you need.?
我需要你把你濕長靈活的舌頭I need you to put your long, wet, talented tongue
伸入我兩腿之間between my tights
讓我像莫妮卡·萊溫斯基那樣尖...and make me squeal like Monica Lewin...
我也是Me too.?
我也是Me too.?
好的謝謝您
?
?
先生Okay, thank you, sir.
非常抱歉I'm so sorry
...
剛才說到哪了where were we?
沃克Walker...?
他什么樣what's he like??
當選總統遲到了嗎The President-elect running late??
不他來不了
?
?
我會跟他匯報的No, he couldn't make it. I'll brief him, though.
好的Okay.?
這是我起草的備忘錄This is the memo, I've drafted,?
關于我們在商討的中東政策on our Middle East policy we've been developing.
我想借用里根的說法Now, I want to borrow from Reagan.?
造個新詞叫"滴入式外交"I'd like to coin the phrase "Trickle-down diplomacy".
-
這樣-弗蘭克我得打斷你- That way... - Frank. I'm gonna stop you there.?
我們不打算提名你為國務卿We are not nominating you for the Secretary of State.
我知道他向你承諾過I know, he made you a promise,
?
但現在情況有變but circumstances have changed.
所謂承諾琳達The nature of promises, Linda,?
就是不論情況如何變化也不受影響is that they remain immune to changing cicumstances.
加勒特已經深思熟慮過了Garrett has thought long and hard about this.?
他認為我們需要你留在國會And he's decided we need you to stay in Congress.
這是什么時候的決定When was this decision made??
為什么我沒參與商討And why wasn't I part of a conversation??
我很抱歉弗蘭克如果由我決定I'm sorry, Frank, if it been up to me,
我也不會等到現在才告訴你I wouldn't have waited this long to tell you.
那你早就知道要這么做So you knew, you were going to do this.
我們的確談了很久It has been an evolving discussion.?
?
這就是懦夫的做法It's a chicken-shit move.?
-
弗蘭克-我都做過審查了- Frank... - I was vetted.
-
那都是晃我嗎不是的- Was that a ruse? - No.
我們打開天窗說亮話Let's be absolutely clear,
?
沒有我你們贏不了you wouldn't have won without me.?
你說的沒錯但我們現在執政了You're right, but now we have to lead.
所以得做出艱難的決定And that means making tough choices.?
你知道教育是我們的重中之重As you know, education is a top priority for us.
要進行徹底的改革A complete federal overhaul.?
但不僅僅是教育弗蘭克But it's not just the education, Frank,
?
國會已經分裂了Congress has split.?
我們更需要你待在國會而不是國務院We need you there, more than we need you in the State Department.?
是我找你來的琳達I got you hired, Linda.?
我知道I know.
?
捐款博取公開支持Donations, endorsements.?
我為競選寫了整套外交綱領I wrote the campaign's entire foreign policy platform.
我把外事委員會多年來...I bring years of Foreign Affairs Committee...
弗蘭克Frank.
請別這樣Please.?
我要單獨和沃克談I want to speak to Walker personally
.
已經決定了The decision is made.?
我們需要你弗蘭克We need you, Frank.?
你會支持我們嗎Will you stand beside us or not??
當然了如果這是總統所愿Of course, if that's what the President wants.
很高興聽到這話I'm very glad to hear that.
我很好奇I'm curious.?
你們選了誰If not me then who?
邁克爾·科恩Michael Kern.?
邁克爾·科恩Michael Kern?
嗯Well...?
真是絕妙的選擇that is an excellent choice.?
凈水計劃這樣清楚嗎Do you think it'll look clear?
?
我可不想讓這看著像I just want to make sure it doesn't look like
?
我們在忽略國內...we're neglecting out domestic...
不不不我會說
No, no, no, no... I'm gonna say
?
-
我們在拓展業務好的- that we are expanding our mission. - Okay
.?
我們會啟用新的組織幫助我們And we're bringing on a new organization to help us.
決定好用哪家了嗎They know which one yet??
我還在定奪但是I'm still looking into a few options, but, um...?
我們之前說定要招幾個新人Tell me, what did we agree on that we could hire how many new people.
?
-
六個嗎六七個吧- Six? - Six, maybe seven.?
總結
- 上一篇: GEE学习——用公式写SAVI/NDVI
- 下一篇: UDS的0x19服务介绍