【数学】Why Study Math 为什么学习数学
生活随笔
收集整理的這篇文章主要介紹了
【数学】Why Study Math 为什么学习数学
小編覺得挺不錯的,現在分享給大家,幫大家做個參考.
看到下面的一些評論,很感動:
- You know, in CHina,most of people know how to learn mathmatics. But few of them know how to use them, beacause in their’s eyes, math is only a piece of examination paper,which is still important
- But in China. too many people who don’t know the mathmatics are living better than who know a little of the mathmatics.The goverment should be responseble of change the satuation, if they want to make our country to be strong
- Certainly, math is a wonderful tool for all of us.
本文轉自:https://blog.csdn.net/FringeDream/article/details/655673
1.The world is pretty complicated today compared with what it was forty years ago.And it's getting more so all the time.今天的世界與40年前的世界相比復雜多了。而且還會越來越復雜。
We have to have more and more specially trained peaple.
我們必須擁有越來越多的經過專門訓練的人才。
We need math to solve the tough problems of science.
我們需要數學來解答科學上的難題。
We need them to find new ways to conquer disease, to design the machines of industry and the laborsaving gadgets of the home.
我們需要數學來找到攻克疑難病癥的新方法以及設計工業機器和節省家庭勞動的小發明的新思路。
And we need them more and more for the ordinary things of everyday life.
我們還越來越需要數學來得到日常生活中的常用東西。
2.It takes special training to be a good carpenter, or plumber, or car mechanic.
要當一名好的木工、管子工或汽車修理工需經過專門訓練。
Jobs in electronics require even greater skills.
電子技術方面的工作需要更多的技能。
We used to think a radio repairman had to have a pretty thorough kind of training.
我們通常認為修理收音機(的人)需全面良好的訓練。
But it's even tougher to be a television repairman.
但修理電視機(的人)就更復雜了。
3.Some of you are probably thinking, "That's all right for technical people.
你們中有些人可能在想:“工程技術人員學習數學是對的,
But suppose I want to be an artist, a druggist, or a nurse. Suppose I want to go in business for myself.
但是假如我想當藝術家、藥劑師、護士,假如我本人想經商,
What good will math do me?" All right, Let's see.
數學對我有什么幫助呢?” 好,讓我們看看吧。
4.Many artists today are in what is called applied art.
今天的許多藝術家都是所謂的應用藝術家。
They use their ability in advertising,interior decoration, or some similar job.
他們把能力用在廣告、室內裝璜或某種類似的工作上。
But people in business who hire the artists for that kind of work say that simple artistic ability is not enough.
但雇傭藝術家來做上述工作的商界人士說,僅僅有藝術才能是不夠的。
There are lots of young people who have that. But not enough of them know anything about physics, or mechanical things, or math.
許多青年人有藝術才能,但其中懂物理、機械或數學的人不太多。
5.To be a druggist you have to study chemistry.
要成為藥劑師你必須學習化學。
You can't learn chemistry without knowing something about algebra.
你不懂代數就學不了化學。
How about a nurse?
要當護士又該如何?
One of the required subjects in a course of nursing is known as materia medica.
培養護士過程中必修課之一是藥物學。
In materia medica you'll learn how to figure out doses and prepare medicines.
在藥物學課上你會學會怎樣計算出藥的劑量和配制藥。
Algebra is important in doing the figuring.
做這些計算代數是重要的。
Too many student nurses flunk out of the course because their math is weak.
許許多多學護士的學生因為數學底子太差考試不及格而退學。
6.It's the same with many trades.
許多手工藝也是這樣。
If you want to be a draftsman, a machinist,amolder, or a patternmaker, you'll need algebra and geometry and even trigonometry.
如果你想成為手工藝人、縫紉工、造型工或制模工,你需要代數和幾何,甚至三角。
7.Even if you want to go into business for yourself, you'll need math.
即使你本人想從商,你也需要數學。
Business today, whether it's running a little gas station or a big factory, takes good management.
今天的工商企業,不論是經營一個小的加油站還是管理一座大工廠,都需要良好的管理。
Good management takes mathematics.
良好的管理要利用數學。
8.And those who are going to keep up the wonderful progress being made in science and engineering need math more than anyone else does.
那些想繼續保持在科學和工程上已取得驚人進步的人比其他人更需要數學。
9.You've read about those wonderful computers that used today.
你已經讀過有關今天使用的威力強大的計算機的導報。
These are machines that work by electronics to do all sorts of complicated problems in mathematics at terrific speeds.
這些計算機是利用電子技術操作的機器,能以驚人的速度解決各種復雜的數學問題。
Maybe you think we should let those machines do our math problem.
也許你會想,我們應讓這些機器為我們做數學題。
If you do,you don't understand the way computers work.
如果你這樣想了,你就不懂計算機的工作方法了。
10.A computer is not better than the human mind that controls it.
計算機根本不比控制它的人腦強。
Mathematician has to run it.
數學工作者必須操作計算機。
He has to analyze the problem and set it up.
他必須分析并提出問題。
Then he must feed the data into the machine before the machine can solve the problem.
然后,他必須把數據輸進計算機之后,計算機才能解決這個問題。
Computers are a big help. They can make calculations faster than a man can.But they can't do our math for us.
計算機是個大幫手。 它比人算的快。 但它不能為我們解數學題。
11.There's something else you shouldn't forget.
還有些事你不該忘記。
there are lots of times when more math would help you in your everyday affairs.
你在日常事物中需要更多數學幫助的時候太多了。
A famous British mathematician points out that we live surrounded by figures.
一位著名的英國數學家指出,我們生活在被數學包圍的環境里。
Think of railway timetables, unemployment insurance, taxes, schedules of working hours, speed limits, calories, automobile and truck weights, temperatures, rainfall, miles per gallon, electrivity and gas meter readings, bank interest, parcel post and freight rates, and so on.
想想火車時刻表、失業保險、稅收、工作時間表、速度限制、熱量、汽車和卡車的重量、溫度、降雨量、每加侖英里數、電表和煤氣表讀數、銀行利息、郵政包裹和貨運率等等。
12.But there's one more reason why you should study math now.
但是,還有一個你現在應學數學的理由。
You may be the kind of person who needs to know something about advanced math to get the mostout of life.
你可能成為那種懂得高等數學解決生活中大多數事情的人。
Some people go on from day to day, having a good time and not caring much about anything else.
有些人一天天地過下去,過得很愉快,不想其它太多的事情。
But many people aren't content to live that way.
但許多人不滿意這樣生活。
They're interested in life, and other people, and what makes things happen the way they do.
他們對生活和其他人都感興趣,也對事情那樣發生的原因是什么感興趣。
They want to know what makes it snow, what the stars are, and how radio works.
他們想知道為什么下雪,星星是什么,收音機是怎樣工作的。
These people are curious about things.
這些人對事事都有好奇心。
13.If you're that kind of person,you almost have to learn something about the more advanced branches of math.
如果你是那種人,你必須時刻學習更高級的數學分支。
There will be no other way to understand the things you become curious about.
沒有其它的方法能理解你感興趣的東西。
14.Ever since the United States was young,schoolchildren have had learn their three R's. Readin' and 'ritin' are certainly very important.
美國曾經是個年輕的國家,學齡兒童必須學習三大課程:讀、寫和算(術)。讀和寫的學習當然是非常重要的。
But now, as never before, we must be sure that we're getting enough 'rithmetic.
但是我們現在再不能像以前那樣了,一定要學好算術。
總結
以上是生活随笔為你收集整理的【数学】Why Study Math 为什么学习数学的全部內容,希望文章能夠幫你解決所遇到的問題。
- 上一篇: 【机器听觉】初探语音识别技术
- 下一篇: 【大佬漫谈】5G对AI反欺诈行业提出更高